Find out how you can track your transactions using Hammock.
This video will demonstrate how to change any details within your tracked transactions.
Making sure your transactions sit within the correct categories is the key to good bookkeeping. It will help you stay on top of your incoming and outgoing transactions and save you a considerable amount of time when it comes to populating your property tax statement.
Here is an example:
- Go to Transactions.
- Find a transaction you want to amend, then click on it.
- For instance, if you would like to change a ‘Category’ for your transaction, all you need to do is remove it and select a new ‘Category’.
- Choose your ‘Property’.
- Hit Update.
- If you would like to ‘Unlink’ your transaction entirely, you can scroll to the bottom of the same page.
- You will find the ‘Unlink’ option on the right-hand side.
- Select this option and hit ‘Confirm’.
If there are numerous transactions that have been categorised incorrectly, there is an option to do a ‘Bulk Deletion’.
- For example, on the ‘Transactions’ page click on ‘All Categories’.
- Select ‘Insurance’, which will bring up all transactions under this category.
- Let’s assume these payments have been tracked as ‘Contents insurance’ by mistake.
- Choose option ‘Bulk delete tracked transactions’.
- You will then be able to ‘Select all’ or tick those you would like to remove from the list.
- Then hit ‘Unlink’ at the top of the screen and you are done.